Shush! Ringer Restorer 15.3 APK
Shush! Ringer Restorer 15.2 APK
Download 15.2(Jan 10, 2017)
Shush! Ringer Restorer 15.1 APK
Download 15.1(Jan 7, 2017)
Shush! Ringer Restorer 15.0 APK
Download 15.0(Nov 26, 2016)
Shush! Ringer Restorer 14.6 APK
Download 14.6(Nov 2, 2016)
Shush! Ringer Restorer 14.5 APK
Download 14.5(Oct 31, 2016)
Shush! Ringer Restorer 14.4 APK
Download 14.4(Aug 1, 2016)
Shush! Ringer Restorer 14.3 APK
Download 14.3(May 14, 2016)
Shush! Ringer Restorer 14.1 APK
Download 14.1(Aug 30, 2015)
Shush! Ringer Restorer 14.1 APK
Download 14.1(30 Aug 2015)
Shush! Ringer Restorer 13.9 APK
Download 13.9(3 Jun 2015)
Shush! Ringer Restorer 13.8 APK
Download 13.8(10 May 2015)
Shush! Ringer Restorer 13.3 APK
Download 13.3(3 Feb 2015)
Description of Shush! Ringer Restorer 15.3 APK APK
When you turn your ringer off for a movie, meeting, meal, or nap, this app turns it back on afterwards.
It's activated when you silence your ringer using the volume buttons (or other means). You don't need to remember a special app! Just change the ringer mode to mute or vibrate, and it automatically pops up and asks you how long to stay silent. Never miss another important call.
Great for class, the office, movies and sleep.
Disable Doze Mode for Shush! on Marshmallow
Android 6 (Marshmallow) has a battery-saving feature called Doze Mode which prevents apps from receiving alarms when the device is idle for a period of time. If Shush! can't receive its alarm, it can't restore the volume at the requested time. To resolve this, exclude Shush! from Doze Mode. See https://goo.gl/sC5jjR for detailed steps describing how to do this.
Why does Shush! ask for camera permission?
Many camera apps silence the ringer during video recording, and it's disruptive for the Shush! dialog to pop up at that time. Therefore, when Shush! detects that the ringer has been silenced, it checks whether the phone's camera is currently in use; if so, it does not display its dialog. In order to perform this check, it needs permission to access the camera. The permission is optional for Android 6+; if you don't give permission, then Shush! won't check whether the camera is in use. If you have denied the permission but change your mind later, you can grant it in Settings -> Apps -> Shush! -> Permissions.
• If Shush! doesn't pop up automatically, try rebooting. Also please note that after initial install, or if you have uninstalled/reinstalled, you must launch it manually from the app drawer once so that it can register with the Android OS to be notified of ringer mode changes.
• On Huawei devices, you must permit Shush to run while the screen is off and exclude it from battery protection if you want it to restore the ringer at the requested time. There are 4 steps to this: 1) launch the Shush app (for some of the following steps, the app needs to be running) 2) Go to Settings -> Advanced settings -> Battery Manager -> Protected apps, find Shush in the list off aps, and turn ON the switch. 3) Go to Settings -> Apps, find Shush in the list of apps, tap on it, tap Battery, then turn ON the switch for "run while screen off". 4) Go to Settings -> Apps, go to the Advanced screen by tapping the gear icon at the bottom of the screen, tap Ignore Battery Optimizations, select All Apps at the top of the screen, find Shush in the list and tap on it, then select the Allow radio button and tap OK.
• On Xiaomi Miui8 devices, when you use the volume down button, it lowers the volume to 0, but does not change the ringer mode to silent, which is what activates Shush! As a workaround, use a quick settings toggle to silence your ringer.
• On Asus ZenFone devices, there is a built-in app called Auto-Start Manger, which by default prevents apps installed from the Play Store from running unless they are started explicitly by the user. Since Shush! is started implicitly when you change the ringer mode, you need to configure Auto-Start Manager so that it allows Shush to run. See https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1013752.
• Some other apps that silence the ringer also cause Shush! to pop up. If this happens, email firstname.lastname@example.org as well as the other app's developer, and we can fix it together (it's easy).
Please email email@example.com to report problems.
15.3: Fix for interference with video recording apps. To detect when the camera is in use, camera permission is needed. This is optional in Android 6+, but if you don't give permission, Shush! can't tell that you're using the camera, and may pop up during video recording.
15.2: fix for failure to pop up on some devices. Temporarily removed camera permission and the associated check for "camera in use", as this was contributing to the problem. Will add the camera check back later.